how does one outgrow the most important day of one's life?
my birthday has always been a big deal at least to me. i mean i actually cried one Birthday long ago cuz my tyrant of a big sister made me wash dishes (this was a long time ago, a very long time ago, i am not averse to the notion of washing dishes on my birthday nowadays its just that i feel that there must be better ways of spending the day). this year i have been informed by quite a few of my nearest and dearest that i should outgrow the obsession i seem to have with the importance of the 25th of March to the populace in general. in a bid to do same i have taken certain measures ( or rather refrained from certain activites better suited to a child of say three or maybe four)
- i have not, managed to slip a slight reminder of my birthday into every conversation i have( ok maybe just a little but old habits die hard, and i have been doing this for 21 years, since i learned to talk)
- i didnt inform my whole class of my birthday over and over again till they felt obliged to give me gifts( i did this in class five and everyone in my class got me a gift including my teacher)
- i have not badgered and beleaguered my mother until she organised enough food to feed an army then harassed my friends and acquintances till they felt the need to spend every waking moment of that day with me
- i have not accidentally mentioned stuff i would really like to have over and over again in the week preceding my birthday so anyone who was unclear about what to get me would take the hint (just in case u are floundering about what to give me a list of suitable gifts will be provided at the end of this post, please pick according to the love u have for me not the price tag)
- i have not squeezed the promise of a cake from a least three different people so that i have more than one cake to umm ........share.
- last but in no way the least i have not had my usual recurring nightmare that everyone forgot it was my birthday
p.s the birthday list
- blackberry phone
- external hard disk( 1000gig)
- jewellery (preferrably gold, silver, platinum but cheaper metals and costume will also be appreciated)
- perfume (musky scents are preferable to flowery scents)
- shoes (please see me in camera for shoe size as i have embarassingly big feet)
- cake (chocolate with creaming icing)
- call credit
- cash (for the unimaginative)
oh and in light of my new adult behaviour
please feel free to refrain from giving me anything and i'll be in no way upset by it.