- prison break
- war at home
- mind your language
- two and a half men
- the game
- gossip girl
- sarah conner chronicles
- how I met your mother
- dark angel
- birds of prey
- boston legal
- gary unmarried
- criminal minds
- justice league
- the big bang theory
- drop dead diva
- the lost room
- modern family
- the class
- fresh prince of bel-air
- the OC
- brothers and sisters
- lie to me
- the vampire diaries
- melrose place
- the l word
- one tree hill
- life as we know it
- legend of the seeker
- burn notice
- kyle xy
- that 70's show
- bionic woman
- my wife and kids
- everbody hates chris
- the martin lawrence show
- family guy
- the mentalist
- six feet under
- Flash Forward
- breaking bad
- rules of engagement
- 8 simple rules
- the good wife
- united states of tara
- Knight rider
- accidentally on purpose
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
I spun round and round
As fast as I could
I searched far and wide
As far as I could
Something was lost
Of that I was sure
But how can u find something when u are not too sure what it is
Then last night I just stopped spinning and searching
I just stood still and reached out my hand and reconnected with the other half of me and finally all was well.
Monday, December 14, 2009
I worry about you, my friend
I see you free falling and I worry. I know I feel a lot of guilt for where you are right now because I played a role in getting you there. Of course then I feel very self centred for thinking your issues have anything to do with me. But it’s not the guilt that keeps me running back to you whenever you call. At first I thought it was, but it isn’t. It’s what I see in you. Someone told me that he wished I could see in myself what he sees in me and now I want to say the same to you, my friend.
“I see such greatness in you, I always have, greatness worth working for. There are few people that I believe in as much as I believe in u, the first one is the man I love, the second one my brother from another mother and then there is you, another man I love.
This is why I come when you call, this is why I forgive you for the numerous times you let me down, this is why I will always be there for you.
So my dear friend I love you and I’m worried because I don’t think you are as in control as you think you are, and I don’t think you know how much you mean to me.”
All your life you wanted to try something, you felt you would be great at it.
Then the time comes and you get to do it and unlike in the movies you aren’t a natural, in actual fact you were horrible.
This has happened to me several times and now the time looms yet again. It’s understandable that I’m scared isn’t it? Is it cowardice to fear certain failure? As I embark on this journey all I want to say is I’m scared.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Is it fair to ask someone to give up everything for you when
- · u have no intention of doing the same
- · that person has not even asked you to
Is it fair to get mad when that person is up front about your place in their lives? Is it immature to be upset about being the other woman when that’s the position available for the other person in your life?
Human relationships are so complex and diverse; in my new position as an observer of human nature( due to my sudden abundance of free time) I have realised there are no absolutes in life, “good” people do bad things and “bad” people love with all their hearts. So maybe we should never ask or expect more from others than we do from ourselves....
Friday, October 30, 2009
The call woke me up at dawn, ok it was more like 8am but when you just went to bed four hours ago it feels like dawn. Anyway, the voice over the phone (it was way too early for me to wrap me head around who the voice belonged to, so I still don’t who messed up my sleep) informed me that my 5pm class had been moved up to 1:30.
They say bad news comes in pairs, just as I dragged myself to the bathroom to wake myself up a cold shower; another call, this time to inform me of a hitherto unknown assignment to be submitted at none other than the newly established 1:30 class.
At this point realising that my wonderfully scheduled day had gone up in flames I dedicated the rest of my day to preparing an assignment I was a 100% sure was never given ( kids, here’s some free advice; never follow the crowd, do only what YOU believe is right).
Now this is where it gets frustrating and annoying, I go for the class with my neatly typed and printed assignment, the lecturer (about whom I’ll reserve all comments after all anyone could be reading even you, Mr...)
- · mentions the assignment; insists he gave it to as last week to be submitted this week
- · states that due to low level of attendance, the lecture will be replaced with a tutorial session
- · then he goes ahead and has a lecture anyway
at this point the lack of sleep and extensive use of my brain too early in the day, combined with my lecturer’s confusing actions means I sat through a 2 hour lecture and left the class no wiser in the law.
Then, this distinguished lecturer leaves the class without collecting the assignment I spent all morning labouring over (and threw all my plans for the day [mainly sleeping but hey! sleep is important] out the window to complete on time) but not before he gives another assignment.
All in all today was a lovely day, don’t you agree?
I tried to reconnect with a long lost friend yesterday. When we were in boarding school we were inseparable, then we graduated and she left the country for University. Initially we kept in touch, we called each other, texted, sent mail . . . but over the course of four years that just kind of faded out. Now we have drifted so far apart. This is a girl I could tell everything but now the conversation was stilted and awkward. We had virtually nothing in common anymore, and though this is someone I haven’t seen or spoken to in ages, upon the realisation that I had lost a very good friend (there will be several chapters dedicated to our complex and engaging relationship in my autobiography) the pain was surprisingly intense.
As I mourned the loss of a Great Friend, I’ll take this opportunity celebrate the Great Friends these four years in university have yielded me . . . I LOVE Y’ALL SO MUCH, EVEN WHEN I DON’T SHOW IT!
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Today was spent doing what I seem to spend all my time doing nowadays; which is absolutely nothing.
I see everyone going about their day with purpose and focus; my schedule for the day is depressingly empty.
I never thought I would say this but having so much free time is slowly driving me insane.
It doesn’t help that apart from having nothing to do, I am alone.
Basically I have all this time to spend with only myself, surrounded by couples with so much to do that they have very little time for their lonely friend with too much time on her hands.
This is an urgent, desperate appeal; someone please help me before I jump off a building; At least then I'll have something to do. . .
Friday, October 23, 2009
- will never be able to pee standing up (trust me i've tried)
- will always have to work twice as hard to get the same amount of professional recognition as a man
- cannot indulge in the same amount of casual sex as a man of my age without being labelled a slut
- will always be under tremendous amounts of pressure to look great and my body will always be one of the first things anyone notices about me
- will one day endure hours of pain, some sadist decided to call labour (seriously Eve, me and you need to talk, was the apple really worth it?).
Yeah, I love that I'm a woman, especially because
Yeah, I love that I'm a woman, especially because
1. I can wear pink (of every shade) and drink those colourful, fruity cocktails in bars without everyone assuming I'm GAY
2. when I do achieve something in life, it will seem like an even bigger deal than it really is, just because I'm a woman
3. when I get aroused I don't have a built-in signal to alert the whole world
4. don't have to worry about how to pick up someone in a bar, all I have to do is sit and they come running
5. I have my own BOOBS so I don't have to spend my whole life trying to touch someone else's
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
- i would lose weight sensibly by undergoing a lifestyle change; i.e. healthy diet and exercise not drugs and starvation
- i would be a better daughter and sister, cuz i have a lovely family and they deserve better
- i would also be a better friend cuz let's face it i was a pretty crappy friend in the preceding years
- i would be disciplined and principled, work harder to achieve what i want in life instead of waiting for it to be handed to me (which it never is)
- if any change has occcured with regards to my body size, then i have gained weight
- my family love me a lot, but it is not due to any special efforts on my part i guess they realize they are stuck with me so they gotta love me
- what few friends i had left i lost due to 'my lovely nature'
- and as for the discipline and principles; well seriously do i have to spell it out for you