Friday, October 30, 2009

Worlds Apart?

I tried to reconnect with a long lost friend yesterday. When we were in boarding school we were inseparable, then we graduated and she left the country for University. Initially we kept in touch, we called each other, texted, sent mail . . . but over the course of four years that just kind of faded out. Now we have drifted so far apart. This is a girl I could tell everything but now the conversation was stilted and awkward. We had virtually nothing in common anymore, and though this is someone I haven’t seen or spoken to in ages, upon the realisation that I had lost a very good friend (there will be several chapters dedicated to our complex and engaging relationship in my autobiography) the pain was surprisingly intense.

As I mourned the loss of a Great Friend, I’ll take this opportunity celebrate the Great Friends these four years in university have yielded me . . . I LOVE Y’ALL SO MUCH, EVEN WHEN I DON’T SHOW IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment